What is IDScan.net’s DVS?
The Document Verification System (DVS) provides the following features to client application's that integrate with it
- the ability to handle many document types including
- Driver's Licenses
- Passport Cards
- Green Cards
- International Documents with an MRZ
- the ability to parse the data contained inside of a document's PDF417 barcode / Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)
- verification that the person providing the document is the document's owner
- validation of state-specific features of a Driver's License
- protection against spoofing the submitting images
- protection against the submission of fraudulent documents
- additional checks can be made against third-party databases to help determine the validity of the document
These powerful features are made possible by comparing the fields contained in the PDF417 barcode / Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) on the back of a document with the data scanned from the document's front. DVS also compares the image on a document with a selfie image taken by the user right then at the time of submission. From this set of three of images sent to DVS a document’s general level of trust can be calculated and returned to the client application making the request (the image below shows what that would look like).